Sikh Women’s Aid is a community-based organisation set up by women from the Sikh community from across the West Midlands.
If you are a victim or survivor of domestic abuse, honour based violence, forced marriage, rape or sexual assault seeking support in your own home or a safe place in the community they are here to help.
They aim to offer:
- Access to a fully experienced staff who can provide confidential, empathetic and non-judgmental person centred emotional support to Sikh and South Asian victims of domestic abuse and sexual abuse.
- Support to access information to help you understand your rights and make informed decisions.
- Support to access legal support that can help support with court orders including Non-Molestation Orders, Restraining Orders, Child Protection Orders and Forced Marriage Protection Orders.
- Support from staff who have experience and expertise to help you identify and reduce risks and develop safety planning accordingly.
- Support from staff who can help you with things that may be worrying you like money and help you to seek job opportunities or apply for welfare benefits.
- Access specialist counselling services and support for your children.
- Help you to understand your rights and options.
- Support to access temporary accommodation and move on accommodation.